AMP WinOFF 5.0.1
AMP WinOFF is an utility for scheduling the shutdown of Windows computers, with several shutdown conditions
and fully configurable. Some of its features are:
- Several modes/conditions for shutdown planification:
- At certain date/time (e.g. 12:00 AM).
- After a period of time (e.g. 1 hour and 15 minutes).
- When there isn't user activity (i.e. no mouse/keyboard input).
- When there isn't CPU activity.
- When there isn't network activity.
- Option of set several conditions at the same time for the planification. Examples:
- Shut down at 08:00 PM or when there is no user activity for 15 minutes.
- Shut down when the CPU load is below than 1% and the network transfer is below than 1Kb/s.
- Several types of shutdown: power off, restart, close session, lock session, administrative shutdown/restart, sleep and hibernate.
- Immediate shutdown and session lock from the taskbar icon menu.
- Several security options including anti-close protection and password protected access to the configuration.
- Option of showing a display with the active shutdown planification.
- Option of executing a program, capturing the desktop, and/or hang up the modem before the shutdown.
- Command line support for batch processing.
- Dual English/Spanish version.
From SharewarePlaza (multiple servers, recommended):
From Tucows (multiple servers, recommended):
From Softpedia (multiple servers, recommended):
From SoftSea.com (multiple servers, recommended):
- Fixed: The list of network adapters in Windows Vista/7 included also disabled adapters.
- Fixed: The program failed sometimes to detect the list of network adapters, especially in Vista/7.
- Fixed: In certain situations the program failed to save the settings for all users in Vista/7.
- Fixed: When using the same settings for all users in Vista/7 the program displayed an User Account Control confirmation before activating the shut down planning, even if the settings wasn't changed.
- Fixed: The program didn't saved the shut down time AM/PM value properly.
- New shutdown mode: User inactivity (i.e. no mouse/keyboard activity).
- New shutdown mode: Network inactivity (input and/or output transfer).
- New planning option: Now you can use more than one shutdown condition at the same time (e.g., shut down when there is no CPU nor network activity).
- Improved compatibility with Windows Vista/7.
- Option of average the values of CPU load for miminizing the effect of peak values.
- Changes in the shutdown warning window:
- Added a Reconfigure button.
- The Reactivate button is replaced with the Snooze button for the "Date/time" and "Interval" shutdown conditions.
- When using any of the buttons of that window the program will ask for the administrative password (if one is set).
- Changes in the display window:
- Several adjustments for reflecting better the planned shutdown.
- Option of set transparency.
- Modified (again) the background color of the graphics in order to make them more readable.
- Fixed: Auto-reactivate shutdown didn't work with Lock session.
- Fixed: the program checked the shutdown date even if the "Date/time" condition wasn't used.
- Fixed: When using the "Date/time" condition, the shutdown wasn't performed if the system clock was changed to a time after the shutdown time.
- Fixed: If the whe screen saver was enabled at the shutdown time, the screen shot would capture it instead of capturing the desktop contents.
- Some other minor changes and fixes.
View all changes
Featured in LifeHacker
Featured in Lockergnome